Sunday, July 18, 2010

Alcest - Souvenirs d'un autre monde






     What can I say; every full length a band puts out always really has an impact on how they really turn out and this is definitely a GOOD impact.  Alcest with this album definitely established their name in shoegaze.  The first track Printemps  Émeraude ( which I believe with my minor education in french would be Spring green, or Green springtime.. something like that) starts out far different than you would expect from the album art. It's starts out with a very high gain guitar which most normally wouldn't be associated with peaceful, but this music really is the epitome of peaceful in my own opinion.  This is the first album I heard from them and definitely set me into being a fan. Highly recommend this album to anyone who is a fan of shoegaze or black metal or just looking to try something new.




Genre: Shoegaze, Black Metal, Ambient
Sounds Like: Les Discrets, Amesoeurs


1. Printemps Émeraude -----7:19
2. Souvenirs d'un atre monde -----6:08
3. Les Iris -----7:41
4. Ciel Errant -----7:12
5. Sur l'autre rive je t'attendrai -----6:50
6. Tir nan og -----6:10



Download (Mediafire)

No comments:

Post a Comment