Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Arctic Monkeys - Whatever people say I am, That's what I'm not.



     Being brutally honest, I was not expecting much from this album just because i'm fairly ignorant on the Arctic Monkeys ( Or I was at least ), what a pleasant surprise!  I was expecting something very plain and generic, sure it's a little poppy but it's not bad pop by any means.  I believe my favorite song out of the album has to be When the Sun Goes Down, although this was a very hard choice to make. I was picking a favorite then changing after each track changed! Being my first experience with the Arctic Monkeys, I highly recommend this album to anyone; and fans of rock, pop, or indie will enjoy this. Overall I thoroughly enjoyed this album.

Genre: Indie, Indie Rock, Alternative
Sounds like: The Last Shadow, The Rascals, The Strokes

1. The View from the Afternoon -----3:38
2. I Bet You Look Good on the Dancefloor -----2:53
3. Fake Tales of San Francisco -----2:57
4. Dancing Shoes -----2:21
5. You Probably Couldn't See for the Lights but You Were Staring Straight at Me -----2:10
6. Still Take You Home (Jamie Cook) -----2:53
7. Riot Van -----2:14
8. Red Light Indicates Doors Are Secured -----2:23
9. Mardy Bum -----2:55 
10. Perhaps Vampires Is a Bit Strong But... -----4:28
11. When the Sun Goes Down -----3:20
12. From the Ritz to the Rubble  -----3:13
13. A Certain Romance  -----5:31


( To the guy that suggested this, Add me on last.fm www.last.fm/user/kaizokannon)

1 comment:

  1. Good to see you liked it. I can totally relate to what you said about it, although I suppose When The Sun Goes Down isn't my favourite song off of this album.

    ReplyDelete